Recently we have seen a huge wave of news across this topic. Mr. Modi inaugurated the “Status of Unity” on 31st Oct and since then we have been hearing a lot. I read a lot of Quora answers and thought of writing my point of views. India is a democratic country and everyone has the right to speak against the government, criticize the unfavorable policies and that’s what a vigilant citizen should do. But we should never raise our concern without proper studies and in fact, nowadays it has become a fashion to share news against the government especially Modi. I am writing my point of views but you are most welcome to debate.
If you Google the term “World most visited cities or countries”, European countries come on top. Though many of them don’t have beautiful beaches or skyscraper cities, still tourists want to go there. Do you know why? I believe because of the culture they have preserved and the architecture they have built hundreds of years ago. Talking about 7 wonders of the world, all are monuments built several years ago and needless to mention Taj Mahal is one of them.
I think I have cleared a fact that a country is known by its history and culture. India is the world’s most diverse country. We get millions of international tourists every year and most of them come to see the most beautiful monument in the world. Think about the possibility of having the world’s largest statue here in India and the same number of tourists visit that as well.
I agree 3000 crores INR would have been put in some great projects like education, drinking water, improving living standards and many more. But this project will provide job opportunities to thousands and has been already providing jobs to 3000+ local, L&T workers and engineers. When tourists will start following the city, the standards of the local will itself start improving. Gurgaon (now Gurugram) 30 years ago used to be farmlands. Once Delhi started expanding and DLF bought lands from the farmers (many of them hardly have a basic education), they (farmers) started buying Audi and BMWs just for fun. The same city now hosts many multi-national companies and won’t be wrong to call small Dubai.
I can go on and speak for the motion but let me highlight a few bullets and conclude it.
- We are expecting more than 10,000 visitors per day. Each ticket cost around 360 Rs that means 130 crores per annually. I believe the number will be much higher than 10,000. So, Government has revenue model as well.
- There will be a research center, museum and cultural centers from Indian states.
- People say with this sum Government could have opened 2-3 IITs and many more colleges. I believe we should have substantial growth. India is already producing lakh of engineering students. Currently, we have 23+ IITs and 30+ IIIT and NIT and hundreds of other colleges. I don’t see a point of keep building engineering colleges. People should start opting other courses as well. We should not lose the quality of engineering students.
- All our existing metro cities are overpopulated and dying. We need new cities to cater to the crowd. Gurgaon and Noida were built a few years back only still they quickly became saturated and crowded. I know about a couple of projects which Modi and other statue governments started like GIFT, Naya Raipur, Amaravati etc.
- Having bullet train already in Gujrat I believe this will be complete tour package at least for me.
- Yes, the Government should spend money on other important projects like improving existing infrastructure, opening medical colleges and many more. But I praise Modi government that unlike previous government they didn’t put 12,000 crores to organize just one event and did corruption of multi-thousand crores.
- Official website: http://statueofunity.in/home
- Online ticket: https://soutickets.in/index.php
- About Gurgaon: http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20131001-gurgaon-indias-it-capital
- About Commonwealth games
- Quality of engineering students: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/jobs/only-6-of-those-passing-out-of-indias-engineering-colleges-are-fit-for-a-job/articleshow/64446292.cms
These is my study. But I am sure and believe you have your own point of view and understanding of the projects. So please do let me know through the comment box below. Thank you!